But those aren't the only problems. When I was prompted with the following question, I had five specific suggestions:
Survey question: What would you like us to work on next that would improve your KDP experience?
- Get rid of transmission fees. This made sense when people downloaded books to their Kindles over 3G. Now that most downloads are wifi, it's a bogus charge that cheats authors and publishers.
- Stop using a misleading UI that tricks people into signing up for KDP Select.
- Please stop constant needling to lower prices.
- Please do a better job of screening out bogus authors using Wikipedia, Fiverr, or illegally copied sources to "write" books.
- Please find and punish people who are outright ripping off readers and other authors with scams and other tricks. It's not enough to remove their ranking. Kill their account and prevent them from opening up a new account tied to the same bank account. Money spent on these scams is not fair to readers or authors who are playing by the rules.